Next up is ZogSportsLA’s referee, Caitlin Brandes. You may think her talents can only be seen on the court, but beware… this Nebraska girl has a whole lot more to bring at the bar!
1. Sports You Ref? Volleyball
2. When did you start working at ZogSports? Fall Sand Season 2013
3. Hometown? Central City, Nebraska
4. Hidden Talent? I’m really good with a sling shot and I studied classical piano for 15 years
5. Favorite Sports Team? I’m from NE so Cornhuskers!!
6. What’s the last thing you ate? A stuffed roasted bell pepper.
7. Funniest ZogSports Memory? When my team manager announced that the reason I had hurt my neck was from extracurricular activities in the shower with my husband. The team coined the term ‘sex neck.’
8. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? Why? The Fairy-tale of the Corn Picking Disney Princess. That’s my nickname at work!
10. If you could only bring three things with you to an island, what would they be? Sunscreen, my kindle, and more sunscreen
11. What are you listening to right now? I am really digging Katy Perry’s ‘Dark Horse’
12. Favorite Sneakers? Dark Purple Nike’s—they show no wear and tear, and are sooo comfy!
13. How long could you go without talking? I would say a day—but anyone who knows me would probably say maybe 5 minutes.
14. What’s your favorite joke? Grasshopper hops onto bar-stool, orders a drink, Bartender says, “hey, we have a drink named after you.” Grasshopper replies, “you gotta drink named Steve?!”
15. What’s on your fridge door? Pics of my nieces and nephews. So many!
17. Last movie you saw? The Lego Movie, adorable and hilarious.
18. Beer Pong or Flip Cup? Chesties!!!—it’s a hybrid of the two along with some quarters thrown in. CRAZY!
19. Have you ever been in a newspaper or on tv? If so, where? Yes, Newspaper in HS and college for plays/musicals and HS for volleyball—state champs senior year. TV/Film—extra work
20. Best vacation you’ve ever been on? Why? Wyoming—Yellowstone National Park with my family. Lost my first tooth on that trip and tried cheesecake for the first time. Plus all the great time outdoors!!