Neil Loughrie is next on deck to share the good, the bad and the ugly with his ZogSports family. Aside from refereeing not one but two ZogSportsLA leagues, you can find him catching up on his daily dose of celebrity gossip or beating you at the happy hour bar games.
2. When did you start working at ZogSports? I started last March in the inaugural football season of Zogsports LA.
3. Guilty Pleasure? Celebrity gossip blogs. It’s like a bad car accident on the side of the road, I can’t keep myself from looking.
4. Hometown? Richmond, VA
5. Hidden Talent? I think I’m a pretty good cook, but I don’t do it very often, so I guess you could say its hidden.
6. Favorite Sports Team? Washington Redskins
7. If you were a drink, what would it be? Why? Bourbon and ginger, mostly because that’s my drink of choice.
8. Funniest ZogSports Memory? This actually happened just last week. I was reffing a game and the ball took a bad bounce and hit me directly in a certain area. I’m pretty sure everyone had fun watching me doubled over in the middle of the field.
9. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? Why? Hmm, I don’t know. “From the South to the Southland” maybe… that’s how I’ve moved around so I think that works.
11. Which celebrity would you love to meet? Bill f***ing Murray!
12. Favorite Sneakers? Vans slip-ons, preferably checkerboard
13. If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for? Health, prosperity, and to be Batman (if you can always be Batman)
14. How long could you go without talking? Not very long, maybe a day if I had to
15. What’s your favorite joke? Anything that Mitch Hedberg ever said “I’m against picketing, but I don’t know how to show it.”
16. What’s the worst present you’ve ever received? A family member sent me a neck-warmer one year…. I live in LA. I think it’s still in the packaging.
17. What’s on your fridge door? A photo-booth photo from my friend’s wedding, and invitation to another friend’s wedding, and the ticket from a Lakers game I went to earlier this year.
18. Last movie you saw? Thor: The Dark World
19. Beer Pong or Flip Cup? Beer Pong. But I’ll beat you at both
20. Best vacation you’ve ever been on? Why? Beach week after high school. All my best friends were there. It was a crazy time. We still tell stories about it