At ZogSports, you can be yourself, love what you do and help create a meaningful community for our customers. Our mission is to deliver fun by bringing people together through sports. When you join our team, you’ll be combining your passion for sports with your entrepreneurial spirit to maintain and grow NYC’s favorite (and largest) social sports organization. Don’t you think it’s time to have a job where you love coming to work every day?
Here’s what you need to know:
- Every year we organize recreational sports leagues and great post-game happy hours for 100,000+ young professionals. Charity is an integral part of ZogSports. Therefore, we donate 10% of profit to charity every season (see Play For Your Cause on our website www.ZogSports.com).
- ZogSports is the real deal. We have made the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies in the US the past 2 years. We have training, a growth strategy and care about our team and customers. As a result, our office culture is fun, energetic and a great place to be yourself and explore your potential.
- This is an entrepreneurial role where you’ll get a ton of responsibility from day one. You will learn aspects of running your own business and how to successfully contribute to any high growth organization.
The Sports and Field Team Manager is a full-time job reporting to our experienced NYC General Manager. You will learn on the job by running leagues in NYC and managing the company’s growth in Football and Volleyball throughout Manhattan. In addition, you will develop your people management skills and become a hiring expert. You will be well-supported, much appreciated and an integrated team member from day one.
Sports and Field Team Manager primary requirements:
o Strategic Planning and Operations – Continue to grow and manage ZogSports Football and Volleyball leagues in Manhattan (from strategic planning to sales and marketing to operations)
o Manage Field Team (a.k.a. Part-time Staff) – Lead the Hiring, Training and Staffing process for the entire NYC Team (currently 125+ Part-time). Includes Management of in-office part-time Field Team (currently 3 people) and an Assistant League Coordinator to help with the process.
o Sales and networking – Develop relationships with companies, outside organizations and individuals to help promote ZogSports leagues in NYC
o In addition to flexible office hours, will be required to work evenings at least 2 days/week at fields/gyms/bars
o Knowledge of Football and/or Volleyball
o Interest in working in, and contributing to, a fun/active office environment (includes frequent ball throwing, music playing and other shenanigans)
o Outgoing with a sense of humor
o Creative problem solver
o Get it done attitude
- BA or BS degree; 2-4 years of office experience
- Fun on paper and in person – excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Not petrified of technology, speaking on the phone or in front of a crowd, meeting new people at a bar, etc.
- Knowledge of organized sports, business of sports, and sports marketing
- Please email your resume and a cover letter to Amy Cooperstock at email@example.com. Please reference “NYC Sports and Field Team Manager” in the subject field of your email correspondence.
- Compensation package includes: salary for this job is commensurate with experience. The position is also eligible for company incentive plan and health benefits
- Due to the great number of resumes we receive daily, we regret that we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in our company, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for this job, a representative from ZogSports will contact you in the near future. We take our hiring process very seriously and potential candidates will meet with a number of team members before a final determination is made.
Thank you for submitting your resume to ZogSports!